About Gear Stream
At Gear Stream we are obsessed with innovating high-velocity, continuously adaptive digital innovation within large Enterprise. Part of this obsession includes a focus on modernizing the automation build/deploy capabilities of companies seeking to move from fragile monoliths to modern, highly composable micro-services based software platforms and infrastructure.
Gear Stream has a variety of openings for DevOps and Site Reliability Consulting/Solution Engineers in the New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Washington D.C. regions. Additionally, we seek DevOps and Site Reliability Consulting/Solution Engineers who seek to work remotely.
In this role, you will work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate architects and engineers to design, implement, and manage automated infrastructure and DevOps solutions to Gear Stream clients.
- Work closely with AWS and infrastructure architects to design, implement and manage secure, scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure environments for Gear Stream customers
- Assist Gear Stream customers in selecting, implementing, and tuning configuration management (CM) and continuous integration (CI) technology platforms
- Assist Gear Stream customers in ensuring operational readiness for launching workloads into public, private, and hybrid cloud environments
- Work with Gear Stream customers to validate and troubleshoot existing CI and CM practices, and make recommendations for improvements and optimization
- Work with Gear Stream customers to validate existing infrastructure performance, and make and recommendations for improvements and optimization
- Implement infrastructure best practices for Gear Stream customers in areas such as CI, CM, performance, scalability, security, and availability
- 5+ years of experience managing large scale, production Linux environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Keen focus on customer service and an understanding that technology solutions must provide business value
- 5+ years of experience with common application stacks (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Rails, NodeJS, PHP)
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management and continuous integration tools and concepts (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, Travis CI, Hudson)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database and related technologies (e.g. MySQL, Redis, Memcached, MongoDB)
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, VPC, AWS CLI)
- Experience with networking and security concepts and technologies in a production environment, preferably production AWS environment
- Experience with log collection tools and analysis, as well as infrastructure performance monitoring tools and optimization practices